Happy Thanksgiving from us at Garside’s Farm! I have included our delicious Apple Tart recipe in this post, it is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Garside’s Apple Tart Recipe
Ingredients for tart
• 1 cup of flour
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 2 Tbsp Sugar
• 1/2 Cup of Butter
• 1 Tbsp Vinegar
Direction for tart:
1. Combine flour, salt, sugar with a fork, then cut in and blend the butter until it resembles shortbread. Stir in the vinegar and blend with fork.
2. Once mixed press into bottom of a Spring-Form Pan extending 1″ up the sides of the pan.
Ingredients for Apple Mixture:
• 1 Cup of Sugar
• 2 Tbsp of Flour
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
• 3 Cups of Coarsely Grated Garside’s Apples (mix of Boskoop and Jonagold recommended)
Directions for the Apple Mixture
1. Combine the ingredients together until well mixed.
2. Put in spring-form pan on top of tart crust.
3. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Allow to completely cook before taking apart the spring-form pan.
4. Top with whipped cream if desired.
We do have many products that can help in your Thanksgiving meal, including Potatoes, Carrots, Russian Red Garlic, Beets, Apples, Pears, Squash, and our Free Range Roasting Chickens. If you would like to place an order for any Produce, apples, or chickens, please contact us via phone at 604.556.4273, email [email protected] or even send us a Facebook message.